Pages

Thursday, March 6, 2014

Prayer Apps

This past Wednesday was Ash Wednesday; the beginning of the beautiful Lenten Season! This is my favorite time to really reflect and try to grow closer to God. Now many of my friends like to give up sweets or their phone for Lent, but I prefer to try to do something everyday. Last year, I decided to say a decade of the rosary each night. This year, I'm going to be following an app that I found--I'll tell you about it down below, as well as some other spiritual apps I discovered.

1. 40 Day Spiritual Workout for Catholic Teens by Bob Rice
I thought this was perfect for the 40 day Lenten season! Each day has different Bible verses as well as Saints quotes to reflect on and tips to help pray and understand the Catholic faith. The app was created in order to allow teens to grow stronger in their faith. You can even set notifications for when you want to "workout". I am currently on day 2, and so far I really love this free app. 

2. Laudate
This app is amazing because it has so much stuff! Daily prayers, liturgy of hours, an interactive rosary, numerous prayers (some even in Latin!) and much more. I use this app to say prayers in the morning and evening. Since I was little, I could never say the rosary without looking at a cheat sheet; but with this app, I can easily follow along. 

3. Word Alert: Daily Bible Verses
I have used this app to read daily Bible verses in the mornings. I feel like it's a good way to start the day. You can set the times for alerts. They are really quick and easy to read. 

4. Instapray
Twitter meets prayers. You can share your prayers and thoughts to people who will pray and reflect with you through this social app. It is really simple to use and great for people who like to pray in communities. Sometimes the people who need our prayers the most, are strangers we don't know at all. 

5. The Word
This app has daily Bible verses as well as awesome typography wallpapers! Each verse is accompanied by a reflection. There is a subscription rate, but I think it's worth the money. At least try out the free trial!

No comments:

Post a Comment